Share This Article
Table of Contents Hide
When it comes to T-shirts and style, people often fall into two groups. Some consider T-shirts as a wardrobe staple and buy T-shirts for almost any occasion. Others, traditionalists, think the T-shirt to be casual-looking clothing that you cannot wear everywhere. However, whatever the case, it is still the go-to clothing option of many people around the globe.
But all T-shirts are not the same; some wear out faster than others. It depends on several factors; for example, buying a printed T-shirt from a trusted manufacturer who uses the best heat press machine will last about 50-60 washes. But if you buy a heat press T-shirt from an unknown manufacturer, it won’twon’t even last 2-3 washes. So there are lots of factors to consider when purchasing T-shirts.
How To Buy T-Shirts?
Here is the complete guide for you which will help you to buy T-shirts correctly.
The first thing that grabs the attention of anybody in the design of a T-shirt; can be excellent text, artwork, or quotes on the T-shirt fronts. You can even get customized T-shirts with a unique design as several manufacturers have high-quality heat press machines that can prepare tees for you within a few minutes. Such T-shirts look so cool, and at times, the design printed on Tees takes precedence over the type of fabric. So if the print looks fantastic and unique, you must get it.
Fabric Type & Weight
If you are buying a T-shirt for summer, 100% cotton T-shirts are a win-win. Natural, soft, relaxed, and static-resistant material is comfortable and will also make you look. However, for winters, a cotton/ polyester blend (50/50) is a decent option. Of course, you must consider the weather to grab the fitting fabric T-shirt. But it would help if you avoided T-shirts made totally from synthetics as these are less breathable and prefer to buy other fabric shirts and if a shirt is not fitting up, use shirt stretching methods to make it fit.
When you buy T-shirts, keep in mind that the density of tees does not define their quality. For example, Pima cotton is lighter than regular cotton, but tees are softer and more durable. Also, check the weight of the T-shirt as lightweight fabric tees are flexible, thinner, and more delicate.
Size & Fitness
The perfect T-shirt doesn’t have to be tight or entirely loose. If the size is large, then the T-shirt will gather ugly folds and make you look dull. In the opposite situation, you will look like a stuffed sausage. If you have a good physique, you can surely afford a more appropriate option. Keep the following things in mind when you buy t-shirts:
- Shoulder Seams: The seams (where the sleeves are attached) should line up with the border where your shoulders end and not fall over your arms.
- Sleeves: The sleeves of the shirt should be at least halfway down your shoulders. More extended options will only look proportional if you are tall. Avoid tees with rough underarm seams.
- Length: The bottom of the shirt should not be above the hip line. The T-shirt should at least cover your belt and ideally cover it with a couple of centimeters in excess.
- Cut: Avoid straight-cut tees if you want them to match your body a little.
It is essential to pay attention to the neckline when you buy t-shirts. T-shirts have two types of necklines: round and V-shaped. Each is good in its way and works depending on the look of the T-shirt, as well as the proportions of your face and body:
- Round Neckline: This is the most classic and timeless option. A round neckline is also a good choice for people with longer necks and narrower faces, as it balances the look and makes specific body parts more proportional.
- V-Neck: The V-neck is a little more formal than the round neckline, making the standard shirt look more stylish and exciting. It also complements people with round and wide faces as it lengthens the neck.
Though color, design, and quality of the fabric are the most important factors to consider when buying t-shirts, price is still the most important. T-shirts usually are available in all price ranges, so buy the ones that are within your budget. Make sure you consider the guidelines mentioned earlier in the article when you go shopping to buy T-shirts. Then, grab the tees that you can afford and look good on you to rock any occasion.
T-shirts are an essential part of everyone’s wardrobe today; thus, you should pay attention to factors like design, quality, color, and fabric type when you buy T-shirts. With these minor changes, you will notice how tees complement your look and make you look irresistible!