Cannabis has been getting great attention from different parts of the world. This is precisely due to its benefits not only in reducing the symptoms of nausea but also as a pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, anti-seizure, and antioxidant.
Some reports indicate that due to the antibiotic properties of medical cannabis, it been used excessively. Marijuana can kill bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotics.
Cannabis can also effectively treat various skin problems, which is a widespread problem during and after pregnancy. In fact, in the skincare industry, cannabis for beauty care is a promising trend. This growing trend, however, isn’t just a vain fad, but the medical society seems to consent with it too.
What Makes CBD (Cannabidiol) Effective?
Cannabidiol Balm is an innovative product that can be used without the potential of feeling ‘high.’ It contains cannabinoids, like Cannabidiol, that can be easily absorbed by the skin without it entering the bloodstream. Thus, this cannabis usage method will not make you feel intoxicated.
We recommend using cannabis strains rich with CBD and with minimal THC in it. It can be an ideal medicine for busy moms to help them relieve stress, anxiety, with no severe side effects
This is a topical product in the form of lotion, balm or oil infused with cannabis leaf with beeswax. It’s used to improve the consistency of the balm firmer. Beeswax is rich in vitamins, especially vitamin A, which contributes to the lotion having more antiviral and antibacterial content.
The good news is, it’s feasible for you to make your own at home. Whether you are suffering from skin-related diseases, or you want to try cannabis for beauty care; this DIY guide is for you.
How to Make CBD Balm
For the ingredients, you will need to prepare the following:
- 2 ounces of cannabis leaf/ trim
- Coconut oil (preferably organic)
- 32 ounces of coconut oil (preferably organic)
- 4 tablespoons of beeswax;
- Aromatic oils such as argan, eucalyptus, jasmine, peppermint, and lavender (optional)
You also need the following equipment:
- Coffee grinder, food processor, blender or other equipment that can grind the cannabis plant
- Crockpot or any pot that can be used to heat the ingredients when combined
- Strainer (Mesh)
- Bowl – big enough to hold the mixture
- Cheesecloth or if not available, use coffee filters, paper cloth or linen dishcloths
- Large spoon for stirring
- Funnel (optional)
- Finely grind the cannabis plant.
- It is mixed the finely ground cannabis plant and coconut oil. When cooking the combined ingredients, set the temperature to a low setting.
- Make sure to heat the mixture of finely ground cannabis with coconut oil for approximately 8 hours in a low setting mode.
- Then add and mix or stir the beeswax until melted.
- Aromatic or essential oils can be added, but put only a few drops
- The mesh strainer should be lined to the cheesecloth. Pour the CBD Balm on the cheesecloth (if not available, use the alternatives listed above).
- Collect the mixture by twisting and squeezing the cheesecloth as much as possible to collect liquid up to the last drop into the bowl.
- After collecting the liquid, you can throw away the (cannabis) plant material.
- Next, put or set your balm on your desired containers.
- Make sure that the balm sets first in the container before using it.
- For best results, keep it on a dry and cool place.
CBD Balm Healthy Effects
Cannabidiol for beauty care is getting increasingly popular these days. It is just one of the many skin care products with cannabis content in the market today. Below are some of the well-received anecdotal health effects.
- It has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and acne preventive properties
- It has antioxidants, which helps release toxins gathered on the surface of the skin, especially during pregnancy
- For muscle and joint pain
- Can be used as a treatment for skin irritations or infection such as those caused by allergic eczema, pus, blisters, scratches, painful red patches on the skin, and rashes
- Treatment for wounds, bruises or cuts
- Soothe dry and chapped skin
- Treatment for localized pain
- Therapeutic massages for women who are pregnant
- It can fight a bacterial infection
- I can make the skin look youthful
While you’re making your own CBD balm make sure its blend to perfection. If you ever made your Cannabidiol balm share your recipe and experience with us.