Share This Article
Wedding decoration is an integral part of your celebration, just as important as choosing the bride’s dress, transportation, and menu. Just ordering flowers from Flowwow won’t be enough, you’ll need decorations for the venue and possibly even gifts for guests.
20 Decorations for Winter Weddings
If you’ve already decided on a dress for the most important day of your life, you still shouldn’t relax. You still have to choose the accessories and decorations that will be an integral part of your wedding. So we advise you to take a closer look at our selection:
- The bride’s bouquet. Perhaps the most important element of the wedding and which immediately catches the eye of guests. The bride’s bouquet should complement the dress and reflect the theme of the wedding if there is one. Treat it with special attention.
- Dried flowers in transparent jars. Decorations of dried wildflowers in the center of the table are one of the easiest ideas for a wedding. All you have to do is choose a few of your favorite stems and sprigs of wild plants, chop them to different heights, and arrange them in clear jars.
- Flowers hanging on ribbons. One of the types of suspended flower arrangements. You can use any stick, rectangular arch, or ceiling to which you can tie the ribbons.
- Leaves in water bottles. This decoration will add a touch of freshness to the wedding atmosphere. Simply use old clear glass bottles, fill them with beautiful green leaves and fill them with water.
- Floral chair decorations. An incredibly easy way to decorate ordinary chairs is to add a small sprig of greenery and the stem of one of your wedding flowers on top.
- Hallow garland. Buy LED garlands and add dried leaf stems between the bulbs, securing them with sturdy twine.
- Mini cupcakes as a gift for guests. Miniature cupcakes decorated with patterns will not only appeal to guests but will also decorate your tables, acting as both a decorative element and a thoughtful gift.
- Christmas cone decorations. If your wedding is around Christmas time, feel free to use holiday decorations.
- Flower seating cards. Tie a small flower with twine to the seating cards. This will give a particularly festive look to the guest tables.
- Bows on chairs. This a great way to add elegance to your wedding decor and modernize ordinary chairs. Choose fabric in your wedding colors and tie large bows with lots of fabric.
- A stack of books with a table number. If you like a literary theme, there’s an easy way to incorporate books into your wedding decor. Stack them diagonally and complete the composition with flowers and the table number.
- Flowers floating in a vase. Even the cheapest flowers look like the real thing in water. Simply fill any clear bowl 3/4 full of water, pluck three flowers from the stems, and lower them to the surface of the water.
- Wedding photo frame. No wedding is complete without a fun photo booth. Grab your friends and take pictures with this fancy prop that you can make with your own hands.
- Wreaths. Young guests may enjoy wreaths. Use fresh herbs, ferns, wildflowers, gypsophila, chamomile, or dried flowers.
- Candles. Candles with a table number will give the wedding a comfortable and romantic atmosphere.
- Marble cake. If you are tired of traditional cakes with cream and whipped cream, then this creative solution is for you. Products with glossy “mirror” frosting and sparkling crystals. Here’s where the real chic of wedding cakes lies.
- Sand and flowers. Glass vases, colored sand, and fluffy peony – what decor would be more creative than this?
- Live plants on tables. Living plants always brighten up the atmosphere. You can place one pot per table or make them a full part of your wedding by arranging pots around the room.
- Romantic candlelight setting. Candles can simply be placed around the perimeter of the room or prepare fresh flower buds – roses, small peonies, lilies. Cover each flower with an inverted wine glass, and place a small scented candle on its stem.
- Unusual gifts for guests. If you want to thank your guests for sharing the joy of this magical day with you, give them a nice little gift in a beautiful package. The gift can be anything: candy, chocolates, jams and honey, handmade soap, or sachets of dried flowers.
Hope that these ideas will come in handy or perhaps simply give you inspiration.
- How Should I Decorate My Wedding Reception?
It entirely depends on your desires and budget. Just remember that you can overdo it. We recommend keeping the reception simple and carefully choosing decorations. If you want a safe option, decorate mostly with flowers, they always look nice.
- How Can I Decorate a Wedding Venue Myself?
It will be difficult but doable. You will need to decide on decorations way beforehand, however. Try not to plan extremely difficult décor, you might find yourself overwhelmed. Keep the décor simple, it is better to do one decoration right than to mess up a hundred.
- How Can I Decorate with a Limited Budget?
Do decorations yourself. Many of the ideas on the list above can be done right at home, you will just need to buy materials and free up quite a bit of time.
- Where Can Wedding Decor Inspiration Come From?
Some ideas are described in this article but for more inspiration, you can visit sites like Pinterest, where you can find a lot of wedding posts.