Share This Article
There is nothing more satisfying than waking up and your hair has decided it wants to co-operate, I mean women all around the world will be nodding their heads in agreement when they read this that a good hair day sets the mood.
As someone who has pretty decent hair, thick, healthy and grows reasonably quick I must admit I don’t use it to its full potential. My kids, and hubby on occasions, moan that I wear it in the same top knot all year round. What they haven’t asked is why? And as every working mother will know, it’s the go-to style up and out the face for the busy schedule that is life.
I don’t have time to wake up at 6 am and do a magazine cover hairstyle or a full face of makeup but that is a whole different article, I’m creeping around the house before anyone wakes up prepping the bags and breakfast. And getting a moment’s peace as the tornadoes are about to wake up. A top knot is quick, easy and doesn’t ask questions, it ‘gets’ me.
If, however, you’re like me and are going to make a concerted effort in making small changes to your life in health, well-being and drumroll please, appearance, then check out these quick ‘on the go’ hairstyles to show those moms who don’t need to work that you do have it together.
5 Tips for Taking Care of Your Hair
- Deep-down. We all use a conditioner after shampoo when washing our hair, but like us who enjoy a treat once in a while, you should do the same for your locks. Say, at the end of the month, after shampoo, rinse and towel dry and put conditioner all over the hair and massage into the scalp. Brush through with a big comb, clip it up and leave to soak it all up for up to an hour if your time allows. Then wash out as normal, you’ll have silky strands in no time.
- Heat protect. Having straight hair can be a blessing, but every once in a while we like to change it up with some curls, this can be tricky without the use of equipment. So, be sure that before you apply the heated metal, you have protected the hair with a serum. There are many on the market, but a quick DIY recipe of coconut oil, conditioner, and water shook up in a bottle will also do the trick. Spray all over and you’re good to go.
- Oil treatment. We use this in our home so I’m a big fan, but coconut oil is highly recommended for taking care of your hair. It protects, adds nourishment and besides preventing dry-scalp it smells like a holiday, what’s not to love?
- Wash your brush. Many women don’t do this and I was the same until recently, but when you brush your hair that’s dirty the oil and some dirt stay on the brush, do this a few times and it soon builds up. Washing the brush will keep it clean but also stop ‘making’ your hair dirty with each brush.
- Air-dry. If you have nowhere to be and you have time on your hands, try letting your hair air-dry. It’s been shown that vigorous towel-drying can damage the hair follicles and increase the chances of split ends. Let Mother Nature take her course on your head, who knows you might like the natural waves look.
When it comes to treating your locks and making it the best version of yourself, it can be self-deprecating to see that your hair seems to be thinning, and this is every women’s nightmare. But thankfully with today’s technological and medicinal advancements, there are products, treatments, and therapies to take care of you. Yes, even for your hair.
Trusting your salon to cut your hair and let you walk out looking like a million dollars is something we do monthly, so why not invest in salon-grade products to take care of your strands?
There are lots of variations and serums available, but for the best products you can rely on then try out Keranique ingredients, professional treatment in the comfort of your home. Many women have shown and raved about the results, stronger, healthier hair and with the regrowth active your mane will be looking like a magazine cover in no time.
What have you got to lose? Nothing, and that’s the point am I right ladies? Wink.
The Benefits of Hair Therapy
Without a doubt, the key objective is to have less transparent patches and more days of struggling to tie up a full head of hair, oh what a problem we would like.
So with that aside, there are other reasons why we opt to have it done and try it out. When it comes to hair care we should take any possible precautions to keep it looking healthy, this is a reflection of our personality and can make or break our morale.
Confidence was the next mental analysis that popped up, we feel like a warrior with our armor of a good outfit and a hairstyle that others will wish they could achieve with your sense of ease. We walk taller, mean more business and in general, the energy of the day is increased. It’s amazing what a simple good head of hair can achieve.
Lastly, if we look after the roots and follicles that make up our hair we stimulate natural growth in the scalp, we nourish the hair and this stimulates the cells. If there is a healthy follicle that isn’t damaged or dried up, then get ready for new locks, treatments also show that existing thinner hair becomes fuller and lusher over time.
No matter the state of your hair, the texture, colour, or all-round look, if you are taking that initial step in doing something to make it the best interpretation you see fit, this in itself is a step in the right direction. Here’s looking to gorgeous hair.