Share This Article
Table of Contents Hide
Making informed choices is very important, even when shopping for something as simple as a facial cleanser. After all, you’re not just looking for any regular facial cleanser—you’re looking for one that’s natural and organic.
Given the hype, natural facial cleansers or those claiming to be one are overflowing in skincare store aisles. You wouldn’t want to purchase the latter mistakenly. Just think about this: what you put on your skin is partially absorbed by your body through the bloodstream. So, you’ve got to be very careful.
How to Choose the Best Natural Face Cleanser?
To ensure you’re shopping for the best natural cleanser out there, be mindful of the following tips:
1. Choose The Type Of Facial Cleanser
Yes, you’re looking for a natural facial cleanser. However, there are numerous options available. The natural facial cleanser section is separated into categories based on its type.
There’s no single-best kind of natural facial cleanser out there because it depends on your preference and skin type. To give you an overview, here’s a brief description of each:
- Gel Facial Cleansers: This is the best type to use if you wear heavy makeup daily. This can help remove makeup, excess dirt, and oil and prevents the appearance of blackheads or other skin impurities. Just make sure to use a mild facial cleanser to avoid stripping your skin of its natural oils.
- Cream Facial Cleansers: These cleansers have a high level of moisturizing power. If your skin is dry, a facial cream cleanser with hyaluronic acid will be your best bet.
- Micellar Water: This type of cleanser can remove excess dirt from your skin without over-drying it.
- Foaming Facial Wash: This type of facial wash is ideal for quick rinsing, especially if you’re always on the go, and it can leave your skin feeling clean and fresh.
2. Look For The Essential Ingredients In Natural Cleansers
You can’t claim to have the best facial cleanser if it lacks essential ingredients in a natural cleanser. However, the necessary ingredients you need for proper cleansing can’t be found in just one product. The best thing to do is consult with your dermatologist to determine what’s best for your skin type and condition.
To guide you, here are some of the essential ingredients in natural cleansers that you should look out for:
- Vitamin A: This is what your skin needs for anti-aging and anti-acne purposes.
- Ceramides: This ingredient refers to the natural fats or lipids already present in your skin. However, the addition of ceramides creates a more substantial barrier that protects your skin against pollution and other irritants. It also helps hydrate your skin, leaving it plumper and more supple.
- Vitamin C: It is a natural antioxidant that aids in reducing the formation of free radicals on the skin.
3. Watch Out For The Harmful Ingredients In Natural Cleansers
Now that you know what ingredients an excellent natural facial cleanser should contain, it’s equally crucial to know what elements should be avoided. The dispensable chemicals found in these cleaners would cause more harm than good.
The unwanted ingredients are the following:
- Parabens: These chemicals, which were initially developed to kill bacteria and molds, can cause harm to fertility and reproductive organs, as well as increase cancer risks. Furthermore, they can also irritate the skin.
- Triclosan: Thyroid issues have been linked to this chemical, as seen in animals who have been exposed to it.
- Phthalates: These softened plastics can disrupt the reproductive and endocrine systems.
- Formaldehyde is a known ingredient used for embalming purposes; it can cause severe skin irritation and burns.
- Propylene Glycol: It is a type of alcohol that may trigger allergic skin reactions and cause dermatitis.
4. Know What You’re Allergic To
Just because a product is natural doesn’t rule out the possibility of an allergic reaction. Some individuals are allergic to natural compounds. If you are, then read the labels carefully. There are so many different ingredients a natural cleanser has, so be very careful in choosing; hence, you can avoid the ones that include substances you’re allergic to.
Here’s a bonus tip: always choose the gentlest natural cleanser on the shelf if you’re unsure which product to use.
5. Identify Your Skin Type
As you may have already learned so far, different ingredients each have their pros and cons. You can only say that a natural facial cleanser is indeed the best if it’s able to address your skin problems and is fit for your skin type.
Do you know what your skin type is? If you don’t, have yourself checked first by a dermatologist. They’re the best skincare professionals who can advise you on which ingredients best suit your skin type.
When you decide to start a skincare routine, remember that one of the essential components of a successful regimen is the facial cleanser you use. It’s the first product you should use on your skin in the morning and the last one at night. If you’ve been using cleansers containing harmful chemicals in the past, now is the time for you to go green.
There are good reasons why natural skincare products are trendy, and you’re missing out if you don’t use them right now! With the best facial cleanser, there’s no going back to chemical-based products again.