Share This Article
Finding the perfect swimwear is more complicated than you’d think. There’s much more to it than choosing swimwear that looks good. If you want to know how to choose the perfect swimwear, the guide below might help you:
Tips for Buying Swimwear
Just like most other items of men’s clothing, with men’s swimwear, you don’t need a perfect tailored fit, so long as they stay where they’re meant to when you jump in the pool. However, this doesn’t mean you should buy the cheapest pair you can find. Here are some key things to consider when buying swimwear:
- What you want them for – the first thing you need to consider is what you want the swimwear for. For example, do you want something that looks good while you sunbathe around the pool, or do you want something to wear while scuba diving? Knowing the answer to this question can help you to decide what type of swimwear is right for you.
- Think about the visual impression you want to give – if you want a pair of shorts to wear around the pool, you might not be bothered by what they look like. However, if you want a pair of shorts for pool parties, you might need to be a little pickier.
The Different Types of Swimwear
Here’s a list of some of the most popular styles you can choose from:
- Trunks – this is the most common type of swimwear in America. They look similar to shorts but are made from a lightweight, fast-drying material.
- Square cut shorts – square shorts are similar to trunks, but they are more fitted.
- Swim briefs – otherwise known as Speedos, this type of swimwear is similar to a pair of pants.
- Racing suits – these are form-fitting suits that help make you more streamlined in the water.
- Dry suits or wetsuits – wetsuits and dry suits are the ideal choice for people who want to go scuba diving or those who spend a long time in the water. They are a close-fitting insulated suit that can help keep you warm.
- Rash guards – Rash guards are similar to a wetsuit; however, they are slightly less fitted.
- Thongs – if you like getting almost every part of your body tanned, a thong could be ideal. This type of swimwear exposes the buttocks.
Several other options are also available, including jammers; however, these types of swimwear aren’t as popular.
Should I Invest in Designer Swimwear?
One of the main questions men ask themselves when searching for swimwear is whether it is worth buying designer. The simple answer to this question is yes! Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider purchasing designer swimwear:
- Comfort – men’s designer swim briefs are often much more comfortable than the alternatives. This is because more time has been spent on getting the fit right.
- The appearance – we all know that designer clothing looks great. So, if you want to look great at the beach, a designer pair of swim trunks is a great place to start.
- Longevity – designer swimwear is made with material that lasts a long time. This means that although it might cost more, you won’t need to replace it as often.
- The fit – as mentioned above, when it comes to designer swimwear, a lot of time is spent ensuring the fit is right.
If you haven’t purchased your ideal swimwear yet, don’t worry. Follow the guide above, and you won’t go far wrong.